To recognise students’ unions that have strengthened their commitment to their people and actively demonstrated principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
1. Explain the context and background of your submission.
- How did you identify the need for action?
- What objectives were set?
2. Describe what actions you took, and the challenges that arose.
- Activity may be related to staff and volunteer training and development, internal colleague communications, employer brand, recruitment, work/life balance, or succession planning
- Can the union demonstrate that actions were inclusive?
3. What changes have been achieved?
- What policies/processes were changed or introduced as a result? How has this impacted the organisation?
- What measurable outputs and impacts were achieved by the work the union undertook?
- How has this work impacted your membership?